AWARDS AND PUBLICATIONS
NOTE: Most of these awards are several years old. I have stopped pursuing these competitive elements of photographic art, for the same reasons I have drifted away from social media.
- Adobe "Moment to Shine" Competition winner. Myself and 11 other student artists from around the U.S. were selected for talent, promise, stories as artists, and use of Adobe products in their workflow. In July 2013, I was filmed and photographed in my hometown by Adobe representatives for widespread use in the global Creative Cloud advertising campaign.
- NiSi Filters influencer. I was sponsored by NiSi Filters to review their filter systems; I am now an influencer for them.
- REI Saratoga gallery display. About a dozen of my images were on display at the checkout at REI Saratoga, 400 El Paseo de Saratoga, San Jose, CA.
- “Diamonds of Stone”: full-page cover of the official 2012-2013 UCLA class planner, which sells thousands of copies in the student store.
- "California Dreamin'": cover of the official 2013-2014 UCLA class planner, from achieving first place in the first annual cover contest.
- The Daily Bruin: An article about me, titled "Under the Weather", was the lead story for UCLA's official newspaper on October 3, 2013. The paper circulates about 9000 paper copies per day, in addition to online.
- The Kaweah Commonwealth: A two-page "Neighbor Profile" with several of my images appears in the paper for August 16-22, 2013, and my photo "Mountain Meteor" was the paper's lead image on the front page. The Commonwealth is the newspaper of Three Rivers, CA, and Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks.
- “The Cutting Edge”: Issue 13 of Photography Week magazine, January 2013, Xposure Gallery: The World’s Most Inspiring Images.
- "Chain Reaction" and "Radiation Inversion": First and Second Prizes, 9th Annual Student Photo Contest, Hillel at UCLA.
- “Silent Uprising”: In Concert with Nature gallery, Kaufman Hall, University of California Los Angeles.
- “Ferris in Fire”: Annual Photography Club Exhibition and Auction, first image in gallery to sell, Kerckhoff Hall, University of California Los Angeles.
- “Calm Before the Storm”: Photo of the Day, January 13, 2013, Photography Week magazine.
- “The Cutting Edge”: Photo of the Week, February 2012, Yosemite Conservancy.
- “The End and the Beginning”: Bronze Award, MILSET Science Photo Contest, August 2012.